Night Lights Adds Pink Floyd Tribute With moe., Aqueous, Dopapod Members

first_imgEarlier in May, Night Lights Music Festival was announced, which will return to The Heron in Sherman, NY, for its eighth year from August 23rd to 25th. In the initial phase lineup, the festival announced that it would host electronic rock innovators Lotus and funk outfit The Motet, as well as performances by Aqueous; Octave Cat featuring Jesse Miller (Lotus), Eli Winderman (Dopapod), Charlie Patierno; jazz/funk fusion producer Anomalie; Tropidelic; Bumpin Uglies; lespecial; Upstate Rubdown; Boss Tweed and the Carpetbaggers; as well as an acoustic set from Pappy (Cabinet, Gatos Blancos).Today, the three-day music and camping festival has added a special one-of-a-kind late-night set, Fearless, a Pink Floyd tribute. Fearless will feature Chuck Garvey (Moe.), Mike Gantzer (Aqueous), Evan McPhaden (Aqueous), Eli Winderman (Dopapod/ Octave Cat), and Matt Kellen (Mungion). The festival also announced that Sophistafunk will pay tribute to ’90s hip-hop in 2018. Soul Roach featuring Todd Eberwine and The Buffalo Brass Machine were also added onto the bill.Tickets for Night Lights Music Festival—scheduled for August 23rd through 25th at Sherman, New York’s The Heron—can be purchased on the festival’s website here.last_img read more

Second DCA JNC seeks applicants

first_img Second DCA JNC seeks applicants Applications are being accepted to fill a vacancy on the Second DCA created by the retirement of Judge Oliver L. Green, effective November 19.Applicants must live in the territorial jurisdiction of the court, be registered voters and been a member of the Bar in good standing for the preceding 10 years.Application forms are available from F. Wallace Pope, Jr., JNC Chair, 911 Chestnut St., P.O. Box 1368, Clearwater 33757-1368, telephone (727) 461-1818. Applications also may be downloaded from The Florida Bar’s Web site at www.FLABAR.org.Ten copies of the completed application and attachments must be received by Pope no later than 5 p.m. July 31. July 15, 2002 Regular News Second DCA JNC seeks applicantslast_img read more

Bangladesh faces further flood crisis in monsoon-hit South Asia

first_img“And it is likely continue for another 10 days due to heavy rains in Bangladesh and India.”The annual monsoon is critical for replenishing water supplies, but also wreaks havoc across vast swathes of the densely populated region, causing widespread death and damage.At least 81 people have died in Bangladesh, mostly from drowning, officials said, with almost three million people hit by the natural disaster through flooded homes and inundated communities.In Srinagar, a rural town just outside the capital Dhaka, some villagers fled to evacuation centers while others slept on boats and rafts made out of banana trunks lashed together with ropes to watch over their flooded homes. Deadly flooding will persist in Bangladesh for the next 10 days, officials warned Tuesday, as South Asia battles torrential monsoon rains which have already pounded the region for weeks.In flood-prone Bangladesh — where almost one-third of the impoverished nation is underwater — officials warned of an extended disaster in one of the worst deluges in recent years.”The flood has been going on for at least 20 days,” the deputy chief of Bangladesh’s Flood Forecasting and Warning Centre, Udoy Raihan, told AFP, adding that flooding usually lasted two weeks. “The last time we saw such flood was in 1998. We haven’t seen such dangerous floods since then,” Sheikh Moslem, 66, told AFP.Sufia Begum, 40, said the flood levels were up to her neck.”I am more worried about my two cows,” she told AFP as she looked at her submerged home and cowshed. “They are my only source of income. I can’t leave them here.”In India’s northeastern state of Assam, conditions eased as the death toll since the start of July edged up to 58 people.Many villagers whose homes were not fully submerged said they preferred to stay with their belongings despite the difficult conditions, and were being given food and water supplies from the government and local aid agencies.”There is ankle-deep water inside our home. We will stay here until it’s not manageable,” Anima Begum, 40, told AFP from the Morigaon district in Assam.At Assam’s World Heritage-listed Kaziranga National Park, 116 animals have died so far, including nine rare one-horned rhinos.In neighboring Nepal, the government issued a fresh warning about rising river levels for the next three days as rescuers searched for 51 people missing in landslides and floods.”Rescue and relief efforts are going on and we are on alert for areas at risk,” Nepal’s National Emergency Operation Centre chief Murari Wasti said.At least 84 people have died in Nepal as multiple landslides ravaged the Himalayan nation’s hill districts while incessant rainfall since Sunday has inundated parts of the southern plains.Topics :last_img read more

Mendy on way to Sunderland

first_img That would represent a major boost for manager Paolo Di Canio and his recruitment team, headed by new director of football Roberto De Fanti. The Black Cats confirmed three new signings on Monday as defenders Valentin Roberge and Modibo Diakite and midfielder Cabral officially became Sunderland players after running down their contracts at Maritimo, Lazio and Basle respectively. But work is continuing apace to further re-shape not only the first team, but the development squad too. Di Canio is hot on the trail of Velez Sarsfield’s 21-year-old right-back Gino Peruzzi, while Le Havre midfielder El-Hadji Ba, 20, is expected to complete a Bosman free transfer sooner rather than later. The Black Cats are also close to adding Arsenal goalkeeper Vito Manonne to the ranks after agreeing a fee with the Gunners over the weekend. Italian Mannone, 25, made 13 appearances for Arsene Wenger’s men last season, although his last game came in November after number one Wojciech Szczesny had returned from an ankle injury. He spent the remainder of the season on the bench with Lukasz Fabianski getting the nod when Szczesny succumbed to injury once again in March. A move to Sunderland may give him a better chance of competing for a first-team place, although he would arrive with Keiren Westwood seemingly the man in possession following Simon Mignolet’s departure. Liverpool paid an initial £9million for the Belgian, representing a significant profit on the £2mil the Black Cats had handed over three years earlier. Di Canio is desperate to recruit at least one striker, and AZ Alkmaar’s United States international Jozy Altidore has been heavily linked with the club. But there could be further departures too amid speculation that full-back Phil Bardsley, skipper Lee Cattermole and playmaker Stephane Sessegnon may leave. The 18-year-old Le Havre defender is expected to head for England to complete his switch with the two clubs having agreed a deal some time ago. Left-back Mendy has also been linked with Arsenal, Lyon and Marseille this summer, but the player has indicated that the Stadium of Light will be his destination and Press Association Sport understands the transfer could be completed within days. Promising full-back Benjamin Mendy is due on Wearside later this week to tie up a move to Sunderland.center_img Press Associationlast_img read more

Barriga outclasses Colombian foe, gains shot at world title

first_imgDave Chappelle donates P1 million to Taal relief operations In the co-featured bout, AJ Banal also picked up a one-sided win after dominating Master Suro of Indonesia.Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard PLAY LIST 02:14Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard02:56NCRPO pledges to donate P3.5 million to victims of Taal eruption00:56Heavy rain brings some relief in Australia02:37Calm moments allow Taal folks some respite03:23Negosyo sa Tagaytay City, bagsak sa pag-aalboroto ng Bulkang Taal01:13Christian Standhardinger wins PBA Best Player award Lights inside SMX hall flicker as Duterte rants vs Ayala, Pangilinan anew Jury of 7 men, 5 women selected for Weinstein rape trial MOST READ LATEST STORIES Two judges had it, 120-108, while the other scored it, 119-109, giving only one round to the 38-year-old Mendoza, who lost a world title fight just last year in Mexico.In a fight pitting youth against experience, it was the the 24-year-old Barriga, who took the seasoned Mendoza (29-6, 23 KOs) to school with his technical precision and mastery of the ring from start to finish.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSGinebra beats Meralco again to capture PBA Governors’ Cup titleSPORTSAfter winning title, time for LA Tenorio to give back to Batangas folkSPORTSTim Cone, Ginebra set their sights on elusive All-Filipino crownBarriga (9-0, 1 KO), who represented the Philippines in the 2012 London Olympics, became the mandatory challenger to the IBF minimumweight world title in just his 9th professional fight. The IBF crown is currently held by Japan’s Hiroto Kyoguchi, who is set to defend his belt against Filipino Vince Paras on Sunday in Tokyo, Japan. Unfazed by Fajardo, Beermen, Johnson leads Painters to ‘statement win’ Jiro Manio arrested for stabbing man in Marikinacenter_img View comments Winfrey details her decision to withdraw from Simmons film Volcano watch: Island fissures steaming, lake water receding China population now over 1.4 billion as birthrate falls In fight vs corruption, Duterte now points to Ayala, MVP companies as ‘big fish’ Mark Anthony Barriga moved his head and feet, unloaded combinations and forced Gabriel Mendoza to throw wild punches in the air from the opening bell.Barriga ran circles around Mendoza, frustrating the Colombian to score a shutout in their 12-round bout on Sunday night at Skydome in SM North Edsa.ADVERTISEMENT Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. Steam emission over Taal’s main crater ‘steady’ for past 24 hourslast_img read more