WIND CHILL WARNING ISSUED For Fort St John BY ENVIRONMENT CANADABULLETIN ISSUED AT: 6.05 PM PST MONDAY 29 DECEMBER 2008WINDCHILL VALUES FOR THE NORTHEAST ARE EXPECTED TO DROP BELOW MINUS 40 TONIGHT. THIS IS A WARNING THAT EXTREME WIND CHILL CONDITIONS ARE EXPECTED OR OCCURRING IN THESE REGIONS. MONITOR WEATHER CONDITIONS..LISTEN FOR UPDATED STATEMENTS.- Advertisement –
160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set! In September, a deputy who went to Artest’s home found Artest and his wife arguing. Artest and his wife later were referred to counseling, sheriff’s spokeswoman Dena Erwin said. In November, deputies said Artest had destroyed property in the house, but his wife declined to pursue charges. And the day after Christmas, deputies found one of the couple’s vehicles crashed into bushes on the property. Kimsha Artest told a deputy “there was no problem; everything was fine,” Erwin said. Artest was arrested Monday on suspicion of domestic violence and using force or violence to prevent the woman from reporting a crime. He was released from custody after posting a $50,000 bond and is awaiting a March 22 arraignment. Hunter suspended for positive drug test: Detroit Pistons guard Lindsey Hunter was suspended 10 games without pay by the NBA after testing positive for phentermine, a banned substance primarily used for weight loss. “I’m as shocked as anyone,” Hunter said after arriving at the Palace. “It was a diet pill – we’ve all taken stuff and nothing ever happens.” Hunter said the pill was prescribed for his wife, Ivy. Phentermine is listed as a steroid or performance-enhancing drug under the league’s Anti-Drug program and brings an automatic 10-game penalty for a first positive test. Deputies have responded to five 911 calls from Sacramento Kings forward Ron Artest’s home since last August, including two domestic disturbances between Artest and his wife, Kimsha. The previous incidents became known after Artest’s arrest Monday, when a woman inside his home in a Sacramento suburb called 911 and said she had been assaulted. Artest slapped the woman’s face and grabbed her repeatedly, causing visible injuries, according to a sheriff’s report.
As such, the City has been advised to be proactive in labelling certain areas where a permit for a licensed producer would or would not be allowed.Any applicants for a licence to produce will first have to notify the local RCMP, fire department and government, which will give them time to comment on the application to Health Canada. The federal government has said it will respect zones set out by local government when choosing whether to issue a production licence. In the meantime, council will be withholding any related development or building permits and business licences until it decides to limit production to any zone of the city and what conditions would be placed on a producer. At this point there are no pending applications. – Advertisement -Director of Legislative and Administrative Services Janet Prestley says she’s heard many communities pushing it to their industrial areas, “so that you can provide additional specifications for ventilation and things of that nature.” Both Mayor Lori Ackerman and Councillor Byron Stewart have expressed their concerns about marijuana growing in the community, noting that it can affect the environment around where its done, and potential health concerns. Advertisement “So much of the bylaw enforcement and all that kind of stuff is just downloaded onto the municipalities,” argues Ackerman. “This is one time it’s unfortunate we don’t zone the train tracks.” City staff will research options and what other communities are doing for a future report.
A Los Angeles Police Department narcotics officer was injured today when struck by a suspect’s vehicle in Boyle Heights, police said. The injury occurred about 8:30 a.m. near Fourth and Dacotah streets, said LAPD Officer Kate Lopez of the Media Relations office. The officer, whose condition was not immediately known, was taken to a hospital, Lopez said. For more news and observations about crime in Los Angeles and the San Fernando Valley, check out the Daily News’ crime blog by clicking here. AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MOREStriving toward a more perfect me: Doug McIntyre 160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set!
Miami achieved its longest winning streak in 13 years Sunday with a 28-26 victory over New England, which rested many of its starters with an eye toward next Saturday night’s wild-card game against Jacksonville at Foxborough. “When you’re a spectator, it’s a little bit different,” said Brady, who was 3 of 8 for 37 yards and didn’t play after the first quarter. “You can’t control what’s going on.” He couldn’t even have imagined. Doug Flutie converted the NFL’s first successful drop kick for an extra point in 64 years. Rookie quarterback Matt Cassel, a Chatsworth High product who threw 33 passes in four years as a backup at USC, threw two touchdown passes. And rookie wide receiver Bam Childress, who made his first pro catch after being activated before the game, gave up a touchdown catch while playing cornerback. That didn’t diminish the victory for the Dolphins (9-7), who finished one game behind the AFC East champion Patriots (10-6), who are seeded fourth. “You play whoever’s out there,” Miami defensive end Jason Taylor said. “Those are all professional players.” Olindo Mare kicked four field goals, Gus Frerotte threw a 15-yard touchdown pass to Marty Booker, Ricky Williams scored on a 3-yard run and Cassel was sacked for a safety. But the two-time defending champion Patriots staged a late comeback, as the 43-year-old Flutie made the NFL’s first successful drop kick since Ray McLean for the Chicago Bears on Dec. 21, 1941. It followed Cassel’s first pro touchdown pass, a 6-yarder to Tim Dwight that made it 25-19 with 6:10 left. After Mare’s 42-yard field goal made it 28-20 with 1:55 left, Cassel cut the lead to 28-26 with a 9-yard pass to Benjamin Watson with no time left. But Cassel’s pass for a 2-point conversion fell incomplete. “I’m very excited,” Cassel said. “You get a few series under your belt, you get hit in the chin, things seem to calm down.” 160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set! FOXBOROUGH, Mass. – The Patriots are headed to the playoffs after their most entertaining loss of the season. The Dolphins are done after their sixth straight win. Tom Brady watched most of it from the sidelines.
The findings from an evaluation of Donegal’s Green Prescription programme will be launched on 27 February in Letterkenny.Walking is at the heart of Donegal’s green prescription.The evaluation highlights the health benefits of the programme, as well as feedback from health professionals and community groups on how the Green Prescription supports their work.The Green Prescription is the first of its kind in Ireland and involves a GP or health professional’s referral of patients to free, guided community walks. People can also self refer to the programme. The Green Prescription is based on the idea that physical activity in nature results in positive outcomes for both physical and mental health.Key findings from the evaluation include:· Participants in the Green Prescription programme experienced health benefits such as reduced blood pressure; weight reduction; increased physical activity levels; improvements in mental wellbeing; reduced reliance on medications; and improved sleep.· Health professionals believed the programme provided an alternative and complimentary means of treating many health conditions resulting from physical inactivity and overweight. · Community groups reported that the Green Prescription improved social connections in the community and helped engage ‘hard to reach’ community members, as well as building up a greater awareness of the benefits of nature and green exercise.The Green Prescription Evaluation findings will be launched by Dr. Nazih Eldin (HSE National Lead on Obesity) on Thursday 27 February at 12.30pm in the Regional Cultural Centre, Letterkenny.The Green Prescription programme was developed by the HSE in partnership with local doctors and local communities, Get Ireland Active, the Irish Heart Foundation, Donegal Road Safety Working Group and Donegal Sports Partnership.The Green Prescription programme is based on the idea that physical activity in nature results in positive outcomes for both physical and mental health. The programme aims to prevent and tackle overweight and obesity, while also promoting health and quality of life.If you would like to get involved in the Green Prescription programme, contact the Green Prescription Support Worker, Bill Vaughan, on 087-3680033. DONEGAL’S GREEN PRESCRIPTION TO GET THE THUMBS UP! was last modified: February 11th, 2014 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)Tags:Bill VaughandonegalGreen prescription
Doon Fort in ArdaraDonegal’s Doon Fort is one of five monuments successful in Ireland’s first-ever Adopt a Monument national competition. More than 90 community groups around the country applied to adopt a monument through the scheme, which has been organised by the Heritage Council in conjunction with Abarta Heritage to support public access to Ireland’s archeological monumentsThe five successful monuments are: · Doon Fort, Ardara, Co Donegal· Church of the Rath, Killeshandra, Co Cavan· Gallowshill medieval fort, Dungarvan and Round Hill, Lismore, Co Waterford· Baravore crusher building, Glenmalure, Co Wicklow · Ballintleva Handball Alley, Co RoscommonDoon Fort is spectacularly sited on a small island in the middle of Loughadoon, just outside the picturesque village of Ardara in County Donegal.The site is a large drystone fort, similar to the Grianan of Aileach, and is likely to date to the early medieval period.The local community wants to avail of the technical expertise offered through the scheme to help record the site, manage the vegetation growth, stabilise the walls and to create safer and more sustainable access to the site for visitors.Paula Harvey of the Ardara Heritage and History Group said they are delighted that Doon Fort has been selected on The Heritage Council’s ‘Adopt a Monument’ scheme for 2016. “By doing so, this ‘jewel in Donegal’s crown’ has been given the recognition it rightfully deserves. Being part of the scheme puts this Western Stone Fort… located along the Wild Atlantic Way, firmly in its cultural context. It now means that the damage being caused to the monument by an ever-increasing growth of ivy covering the drystone fortification can be addressed.Rowing to see Doon Fort“Restoration of the collapse of part of the wall structure is becoming a reality, as is improved access to this hidden inland island fort. My thanks to all of the group who helped with the submission to The Heritage Council. We look forward with enthusiasm to working with Roisin Burke and her team of experts”.According to Ian Doyle, Head of Conservation at the Heritage Council, “Around every corner in Ireland you can discover an echo of the past. The five monuments selected in the Adopt a Monument scheme demonstrate the rich tapestry of heritage that we live alongside in Ireland”.Mr. Doyle said: “We know that the public has a great interest in archaeology and, through this scheme, we want to provide opportunities to support public access to the often hidden world of archaeology. For the five successful monuments, the scheme has the potential to ensure ongoing maintenance and care, greater protection through increased civic value, and much higher standards of interpretation and understanding. I want to extend my congratulations to the community groups involved, and to encourage the public to visit the monuments in their region in 2016”. DONEGAL MONUMENT AMONG TOP FIVE IN IRELAND was last modified: March 10th, 2016 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)Tags:ArdaraDoon Fort
In an emotional Los Angeles Community College District board of trustees meeting Wednesday, dozens of students, faculty and community activists demanded the removal of a Mission College vice president. Jose Ramirez, Mission’s vice president of student services, is accused by students and faculty of canceling a student government election and ordering a student fired from her job as an on-campus Sheriff’s Department cadet. Ramirez was placed on administrative leave last week. LACCD Chancellor Darroch “Rocky” Young warned Mission officials that if they didn’t take care of the matter, the district would be forced to shake up the faculty. AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MOREBasketball roundup: Sierra Canyon, Birmingham set to face off in tournament quarterfinals“We are, frankly, running out of options at Mission College,” Young said. “If (conflict resolution mediation) fails, we will have no choice but to fundamentally change the personnel of Mission College.” Students complained that they no longer feel safe on campus and carry tape recorders and camera-phones to document what they say is ongoing harassment by a small faction of Chicano faculty and administrators, including Ramirez. “A lot of students feel that if Joe Ramirez is allowed to come back, we don’t see how we can come back,” said Jesse Martinez, 24, of San Fernando, who is running for student body president. Martinez presented the board with more than 450 signatures demanding the removal of Ramirez. The Mission Faculty Senate also is expected to take a no-confidence vote on Ramirez on May 18. Several attempts to reach Ramirez by telephone Wednesday were not successful. No faculty or students supporting Ramirez spoke at Wednesday’s meeting. Young told the audience that interim Mission College President Jose A. Leyba has the authority to handle the situation. In a written statement he read to the crowd, however, Young said the situation was threatening to overtake more pressing issues, including Mission’s accreditation visit next March. Leyba is setting up a mediated conflict resolution session, Young said, adding, “I am prepared to support the recommendations of this process, up to and including involuntary transfers of employees.” email@example.com (818) 713-3663160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set!
Everton manager Ronald Koeman has praised Seamus Coleman for a number of exceptional displays since his return from injury. Coleman missed the start of the season after picking up an ankle injury in pre-season.However, he has been in sparkling form since his return from injury, and delivered another superb display yesterday afternoon. Everton defeated West Ham United 2-0 at Goodison Park, and Coleman was heavily involved in the first goal.He rasping effort was spilled by West Ham goalkeeper Adrian, and Lukaku was on the hand to give the toffees the lead.Ross Barkley extended their advantage later in the second-half, but Koeman was full of praise for Coleman afterwards.Koeman said, “Seamus has been terrific for us, he is brilliant going forward and caused them problems all afternoon. “I was also delighted with his defensive work, and he made a terrific block in the first-half which prevented a goal.“He’s been in great form and I thought he was outstanding today.”Everton manager praises ‘outstanding’ Seamus Coleman was last modified: October 31st, 2016 by Mark ForkerShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:Everton FCnewsRonald Koemanseamus colemanSport
Top nine Premier League free transfers of the decade 2 Tony Cascarino backs Everton to sign two strikers for Carlo Ancelotti The biggest market value losers in 2019, including Bale and ex-Liverpool star moving on Man United joined by three other clubs in race for Erling Haaland LATEST LIVING THE DREAM Arsenal transfer news LIVE: Ndidi bid, targets named, Ozil is ‘skiving little git’ RANKED IN DEMAND The 19-year-old is already a regular starter under Phillip Cocu despite his youth, and has featured in all 12 of Fenerbahce’s matches this season.He’s also already been capped five times by the country of his birth, Macedonia, making his debut last summer at the age of just 17. Where every Premier League club needs to strengthen in January 2 three-way race Cavani ‘agrees’ to join new club and will complete free transfer next summer Tottenham and Manchester City are interested in signing Macedonia starlet Elif Elmas, according to reports.Elmas, a midfielder, currently plays for Fenerbahce in Turkey having joined the Istanbul outfit in 2017. A versatile option in the centre of the park, Elmas has been admired across Europe for a number of years, with former Fener president Aziz Yildirim revealing numerous offers were made for the youngster before he was signed by Fenerbahce from Rabotnicki, Elmas’ first club in the capital of Macedonia, Skopje“Manchester City and Ajax made concrete offers, in total 26 clubs made bids for Elif Elmas,” Yildirim is quoted as saying. Kevin De Bruyne ‘loves Man City and wants to keep winning’, reveals father Liverpool’s signings under Michael Edwards – will Minamino be the next big hit? Latest transfer news TOP WORK REVEALED Elmas has impressed since Fenerbahce won the race to sign him in 2017 Chelsea confident of beating Man United and Liverpool to Sancho signing targets targets Elmas has featured in every Fenerbahce match this season, starting the majority of them And having continued to impress with Fenerbahce, the interest in Elmas has returned – with City renewing their wish to sign the midfielder.They are joined by their Premier League rivals Tottenham in the race for Elmas, while Sevilla are also said to be keen, according to Turkish-Football.